2013-2014 HFC Friends President: Karen Baerenstecher
Statement of Purpose
HFC Friends supports the mission of Heroes for Children through volunteer efforts to strengthen and expand social and emotional assistance provided to families with children battling cancer. HFC Friends strives to ensure that the special moments in the lives of these children are recognized and celebrated despite their ongoing battle with cancer.
Members have two get together events during the year. There are no other additional meetings unless a member signs up for a specific committee role. Meet and Greet with other HFC Friends members to learn about childhood cancer issues and ways to volunteer for HFC
This year's Fall Coffee will be held on Wednesday, October 3rd from 9:00am to 10:30pm at Karen Baerenstecher's home.
This year's Fall Cocktail will be held Thursday, October 24th from 7:00 pm to 9:00pm at Elaine Turner Designs.
HFC Friends will focus on the social assistance provided by Heroes for Children to cancer families at the main hospitals in the area. Volunteer work includes:
- Heroes Milestones— members assist in the coordination of and donations to special events for cancer patients as needs arise throughout the year.
- Holiday Heroes—members shop, wrap, and donate gifts to selected cancer families during the holiday season. The families receive their gifts at a holiday party attended by member volunteers.
This year's Shopping Days will be on November 17 and 18.
The Delivery Party is on December 15.
- Valentine’s Party—committee members plan, coordinate, and host a special dinner for cancer parents to include a nice meal and childcare. This event is an opportunity for the parents to have a “date night” while their children enjoy a fun evening of activities.
This year's Valentine's Dinner is to be scheduled.
- General Administrative Volunteer work for HFC
Questions? Contact Monique Hernandez at
(713) 401-9930 x1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2012-2013 Alissa Maples
2011-2012 Amy Johnson
2010-2011 Leigh Wheatley
2009-2010 Chay Taylor